– 2022-2023 Nokia Corporation University Donations (~30 KEuro) Topic: Learning to Orchestrate the Metaverse (MetaLore)
– 2022-2025 EDITE – Thesis Project (~110 KEuro) Topic: Mitigation strategies against fake news in online social platforms
– 2022 LIP6 Project 2022 – Student project (5 KEuro) Topic: Fast Algorithms for PageRank-like Metrics in Temporal Networks
– 2021-2024 EDITE – Thesis Project Plan Quantique National (~120 KEuro). For the research topic “Dynamic routing through quantum repeaters”. Duration: 3 years
– 2019-2023 ANR JCJC 2019 – French Young Researcher Grant (~266 KEuro).
Topic “FairEngine – Fair Online Social Platform Engineering”
Duration: 3,5 years.
Description: This project aims to develop mathematical models of social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Weibo), which can incorporate the platform structure with its specific features, such as Walls, Newsfeeds, Likes, Shares, etc. The models will be used to derive closed-form expressions for the user influence in the network. Algorithms to rank users by their influence for real-world platforms will be introduced. The results will be validated by extensive data analysis. An additional but important part of the project will be the control of user Newsfeeds through MDPs and Learning techniques.
– 2020 LIP6 Project 2020 – Student project (5 KEuro) Topic “Multi-partite quantum networks” Duration: 3 months (with Frédéric Grosshans)
– 2019 LIP6 Projets 2019 – Student project (3.5 KEuro).
Topic “How can the frequency of Newsfeed posts improve influence in a social network? (extension)” Duration: 6 months.
– 2018 LIP6 Projets 2018 – Student project (4.8 KEuro).
Topic “How can the frequency of Newsfeed posts improve influence in a social network?” Duration: 6 months.
– 2017-2020 EDITE – Thesis Project (~100 KEuro). For the research topic “Planning and dimensioning C-RAN architectures under spatio-temporal traffic”. Duration: 3 years
– 2017 LIP6 Projets 2017 – Student project (3.5 KEuro).
Topic “Traffic-aware grouping of planar wireless nodes for C-RAN architectures”. Duration: 6 months.
– 2015-2018 Digiteo-Digicosme – Thesis Project (104 KEuro). For the research topic “Optimal Content Management and Dimensioning in Wireless Networks (CONTAIN)”. Duration: 3 years
– 2015 CNRS JCJC INS2I – Operational Costs (6 KEuro). For the research topic “Adding Memory and Managing Content in Wireless Networks (AMANDINE)”. Duration: 1 year.
– 2014-2017 Fondation Télécom – Thèses Futur & Ruptures (108 KEuro).
The funding was obtained in support of the research topic “Cooperative Communications in Very Large Cellular Networks”. Duration: 3 years
- Nouamane Arhachoui (2022-…): Mitigation strategies against fake news in online social platforms (PhD Thesis EDITE, Sorbonne University, co-supervised by Vincent Gauthier, Telecom SudParis, SAMOVAR)
- Paolo Fittipaldi (2021-…): Dynamic routing through quantum repeaters (PhD Thesis EDITE, Sorbonne University, co-supervised by Frédéric Grosshans)
- Effrosyni Papanastasiou (2020-…): Temporal Prediction and Control of User Behaviour in a Social Platform (funded by ANR JCJC “FairEngine”).
- Ricardo José López-Dawn (2020-2023): completed (now data scientist at Expleo)
Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis of Dynamic Post Diffusion in Online Social Platforms (funded by ANR JCJC “FairEngine”, co-supervised by Naceur Malouch).
- Jonatan Krolikowski (2015-2018): completed (now researcher with Huawei Paris Research Center)
Optimal Content Management and Dimensioning in Wireless Networks
(PhD Thesis Digiteo, Paris-Saclay, co-supervised by Marco Di Renzo) [manuscript]
- Luis David Alvarez Corrales (2014-2017): completed (now consultant data scientist)
Cooperative Communications in Very Large Cellular Networks
(PhD Thesis Fu&Ru, Telecom ParisTech, co-supervised by Philippe Martins) [manuscript]
- Ariel Ricardo Ramos Vela (2022) – Graph Neural Networks for Social Interactions
MASTER/BACHELOR/STAGE STUDENTS (completed)
- Nouamane Arhachoui (2022): Fast Algorithms for PageRank-like Metrics. (Stage M2, Sorbonne-LIP6, co-supervised by Esteban Bautista Ruiz)
- Antoine Vendeville (2019):
Who follows who? Estimating Twitter Relationships from a list of Tweets.
(Stage M2, Lyon 1 and UPMC-LIP6, co-supervised by Clemence Magnien and Bruno Baynat)
- Antoine Vendeville (2018):
How can the frequency of Newsfeed posts improve influence in a social network.
(Stage M2, UPMC-LIP6, co-supervised by Clemence Magnien)
- Bahiya Chakiri (2017):
Traffic-aware cooperation/coordination of neighbouring Base Stations.
(Stage M2, UPMC-LIP6, co-supervised by Bruno Baynat)
- Zakarya Boubazine (2017):
Traffic-aware grouping of planar wireless nodes for C-RAN architectures.
(Stage M2, UPMC-LIP6, co-supervised by Stefano Secci)
- Chedia Jarray (2015):
PhD visitor, Tunisia, 3 months visit Telecom ParisTech
- Apostolos Avranas (2015):
Caching policies in wireless networks with coverage overlaps
(Internship/Diploma Thesis, Telecom ParisTech/Aristotle University Thessaloniki, co-supervised by Leonidas Georgiadis)
- Luis David Alvarez Corrales (2014):
Cooperation in Cellular Networks modeled by Point Processes
(Master Thesis, UPMC/Telecom ParisTech)
- Jonatan Krolikowski (2011):
Game Theoretic model for the downlink in cellular mobile networks
(Bachelor Thesis Fak. II, TU Berlin)
- Qi Liao (2009):
A cross layer approach to optimal congestion control, routing and resource allocation in mobile ad-hoc networks
(Master Thesis Fak. IV, TU Berlin)
- Stoycho Stefanov (2008):
Optimal control policies for delay-constrained communications in wireless fading environments incorporating erroneous packet retransmission protocols
(Master Thesis Fak. IV, TU Berlin)
- Yosia Hadisusanto (2006):
OFDMA resource allocation using multiuser constant-power waterfilling
(Diploma Thesis Fak. IV, TU Berlin)
- Elsevier Computer Communications
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
I systematically serve as reviewer for the following journals:
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
IEEE Transactions on Communications
IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- GAMENETS, Paris-FRANCE (General Co-Chair), 2019
- 3rd CCDWN Workshop, hosted by 16th WIOPT, Shanghai, China (TPC Chair), 2018
(The 2018 International Workshop on Content Caching and Delivery in Wireless Networks)
- 15th WIOPT, Paris, FRANCE (General Co-Chair), 2017
Here is a link to our new WIOPT’17 webpage!
- 14th WIOPT, Arizona, USA (Workshop Co-Chair), 2016
- INFOCOM’21, Vancouver, CANADA (virtual)
- INFOCOM’20, Beijing, CHINA
- INFOCOM’19, Paris, FRANCE, 2019 [Distinguished TPC Member]
- WIOPT’19, Avignon, FRANCE, 2019
- Valuetools’19, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 2019
- FATES on the Web’19, co-located with the Web conference, San Francisco,USA, 2019
- ICT’18, Saint Malo, FRANCE, 2018
- INFOCOM’18, Honolulu, HI, USA, 2018
- GLOBECOM’17, CT & CQRM, SINGAPORE, December 4-8, 2017
- 23rd NCC’17, IIT Madras, INDIA, March 2-4, 2017
- ICC’17 CQRM, Paris, FRANCE, May 21-25, 2017
- ICC’16 CQRM, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA, May 23-27, 2016
- 14th WIOPT’16, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 2016
- 13th WIOPT’15, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, INDIA, May 25-29, 2015